Friday, May 19, 2006

Time for Yourself

There was an interesting article from A List Apart about the four day week. Now this is not a new concept, but it got me thinking about what I spend time on, what I should be spending time on, and what I would like to be spending time on. The basic theme of the article is that there is never enough time in a week to accomplish everything a person "needs" to do and that working more hours isn't enough. I would like to talk a little about what you want to do and then give some suggestion on how to make that happen.

Just this week I decided to restart the blog, It's something that I really wanted to do but I never had the time to really make a cool page layout and gather up some of my best work and write some kick ass articles, I was pretty much trying to make it perfect. Well, I decided that it's never going to be perfect and that shouldn't stop me or anyone else to get their work out there, take up a hobby, or anything that one has been wanting to do.

The one quote that I really like was this "there will always be more to do. Working more won’t change that". Myself, and I'm sure many others, can relate to that in some of the personal projects we want to do. So it basically comes down to, there is not enough time, are you still going to do it or not.

Here a link to the article, I suggest you read it, it's very interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home